- It seems that there is a question about who will own your emails, web photo albums and other online flotsam after your death. The rationale is that our computers and email accounts are a kind of filing cabinet. Some lawyers feel that the information and access to online accounts should be available to immediate family members at the death of a loved one. Though I agree with the premise of this, in reality I'm quite sure that if my family gets access to all my digital assets (and I use the terms oh-so-loosely), there's a good chance someone will go to my grave, dig me up, and tell me I'm not going anywhere till I clean up that mess.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson recently made Gov. Chris "I-Didn't-Close-That-Bridge" Christie remove The Rock's smiling mug from a video. It was the governor's mock summer blockbuster, No Pain, No Gain (a play on Johnson's movie, Pain & Gain). Obviously disassociating himself from Christie's film faux pas, Johnson went on and claimed he was more patriotic than political, and added that he had "good friends who are politicians on both sides...Clinton is a good buddy of mine, Obama is a good buddy of mine." Hmmm. Both sides: Clinton and Obama. Are those all the sides of the political coin? Interesting, considering he spoke and the Republican National Convention in 2000. Stick to patriotic, Rock.
- Did you catch the news story about an ax flying through the windshield of a car as it traveled on a highway north of Boston? I hope they had waterproof seat covers. That is the stuff of nightmares, buddy.
- A California couple found $10 million dollars in buried gold coins back in February, Odyssey Marine Exploration found over 13,500 gold and silver coins off the coast of South Carolina, and now the Schmitt family has discovered a gold laden wreck from 1715 off the coast of Florida. “Some of us are born with a little pirate in our blood,” said Lindsay Schmitt. Just for the record, I'm willing to have a pet parrot, wear a bandana and earring, say things like "arrrrgghhh" AND get a transfusion from a real Schmitt family member if it will increase the chance that I'll step in a huge pile of treasure. All this moolah was just laying around till they found it. Wow. I can't even find my favorite socks.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are returning to the big screen, and already the hype has hit the toy stores. Halloween will be a creative bust as thousands of kids choose the path of least resistance and pick the top costume, each thinking their Michelangelo or Leonardo is more clever than the Donnatello or Raphael on the other side of the street. If you want to be a cowboy or a safari adventurer, this is your year to stand out, nerd kids. Your time has come.
- Victoria's Secret released their 2014 What is Sexy? List and named Taylor Swift in the category of "sexiest smile." Does that mean her teeth get crowned?
- While we're at it, I know what Victoria's secret is - it's just a high priced nightgown and underwear, people. Let's not get so excited that things fall out of our wallet...like money.
Any weird news in your neck of the woods?