Thank you so much, Chrys Fey, for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. It's always a thrill, but especially to receive a nod from Chrys Fey! She had a wonderful blog called Write with Fey. If you are a writer, want to be a writer or care about how you write - Chrys' blog is a must. Go visit it right now. I'll wait...I said go! Sheesh, some people have to be told twice.
The Rules for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2. Display the award logo.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers (more or less) and provide a link where they may be found.
4. Go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.
Three Things that Inspired Me Recently:
1. This video...two animals, just enjoying each other. Life should always be so simple.
2. Several of my friends have been going through illness - either themselves or their families. I'm not talking about minor setbacks, but major life changing events. While reading an update from one of them, I realized that I have a beautiful bunch of pals that can bear anything with dignity and grace. I hope their own families see that in them and are as inspired as I am.
3. My mom inspires me with her get up and go at 75. Everyday, she gets up and go-go-goes. Dancing, cooking, crafts, sewing and Olympic class shopping (she never stops). Who could imagine that it would be hard to find her at home? I love that about her.
My peeps that I am nominating - and why!:
1. Shady Dell Knight from Shady Dell Music & Memories His blog continues to honor a couple who opened their York, PA, home to youth of the community and to celebrate music. Shady is also the best friend a blogger ever had who inspires by his consistency. He's the real deal.
2. Janie Junebug from WOMEN: WE SHALL OVERCOME Jane is my peep and she inspires me with her girl power (and dern it, she is funny). It doesn't hurt that she is the Queen of Grammar.
3. The Armchair Squid Movies, books...Star Trek! The Squid is on a roll in his quest for fulfillment. Go, Squid, go.
4. STMcC Presents Battle of the Bands Always the wild card in the room, ladies and gentlemen, Stephen T. McCarthy's battle of the bands are unique pairings and always fun.
5. Linda's Peaceful Place Linda's got a little bit of everything - and it's all good.
6. Pam at Go Retro! Looking backward at pop culture was never better than Pam's blog.
7. Diana Wilder...about myself, by myself A talent writer and lovely blog!
8. MICHAEL DI GESU... ... ... In time... Reading Michael's blog makes me wish he was my neighbor. He seems like a great person to have drop by for coffee and chat as he tells about his new adventures. I'd just brew and listen. :-)
9. A Beer for the Shower The guys are going to make me bust a gut laughing and then I'll have to send them medical bills.
10. BB Creations Birgit is funny and creative. I rarely ask for more in my friends - I think that rounds it out nicely.
11. Michael D'Agostino at A Life Examined Michael and his pals make me wish I lived in Adelaide. It's inspiring to see a young person living out loud and trying new things.
12. Elizabeth Seckman, Author Ohio to WV...Marshall University...you had me at "Elizabeth."
13. Maurice Mitchell at Film Sketchr Want to see the most boring Cherdo comments? Go to Maurice's blog. His art and interviews are just fantastic and I find myself posting the shortest comments I ever do - and most of them are just fawning over the wonderful art. His blog leaves me speechless (that's hard to do with me).
14. Geo. at Invalid's Workshop This poet's pilgrimage will inspire you, too. I just love Geo.
15. Rick Watson at Life 101 This Alabama boy writes about life in a way that will make you smile.
Thank you all for inspiring! If you didn't make the list this time, it's only because I was limited to fifteen. I don't even read blog that don't inspire me!
Everyone have a great weekend!