First up: The Armchair Squid! My friend is the king of all cephalopods of the order Teuthida AND the person who nominated me for the Creative Blogger Award. I'm humbly thankful, sir. The Armchair Squid's blog is the home of The Cephalopod Coffeehouse (a monthly book review blog hop) and Mock Squid Soup: A Film Society. Currently, Squid and company are reviewing all 22 episodes of Star Trek's animated series. Please give Squid a visit; he's a creative whirlwind and there's always something interesting going on over there.
Secondly: My dear pal, Michael D'Agostino of A Life Examined also nominated me on the same day! Thank you so much, Michael, and I humble myself a second time. By the way, that meant I had to take you off of my nominees list. Michael is my co-pilot for Ask An Aussie! and a creative, enthusiastic young man with thoughtful posts and plenty of "shenanigans." If you haven't visited him yet, get clicking. Right now, people. Don't hesitate.
So, what now?
1. Thank and post the link of the person who nominated you.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself to your readers.
3. Nominate 10-20 blogs and notify them.
4. Pass on the rules.
1. You might know that I like crafting and artsy stuff, but for many years I was entrenched in serious genealogical research. It has been my passion since I was a teenager and I'm a charter member of America's First Families and a DAR member. My line can be traced to at least eleven signers of the Magna Carta. I'm closely keeping tabs on about 15,000 ancestors. One thing about dead people, they stay in one place till you find them; and they all have parents. Armed with that info, I could ride this hobby into infinity. I've got a decent start.
2. When my much younger brother wanted to ride his bike to a store on a busy highway, I insisted he let me drive him there. Seeing how eager he was to "do it all himself," I got out my bicycle and rode to the store with him to make sure he was safe and knew how to cross the busy main street safely. While talking him through that, a car ran the red light and hit ME (he didn't stop, by the way).
3. My friends complain that if they compliment anything in my house, I give it to them.
4. There's only been about 7 months in my whole adult life where I didn't dye my hair. I started going gray at a ridiculously young age. I told Juggernaut that little fact and he accused me of exaggerating. Soon after, he noticed he was going gray, too. Now tell me God doesn't have a sense of humor? Every time he complains about it, I tell him, "You're surely exaggerating."
5. Gonzo tells me that my interesting fact #5 should be that I "was at Bruce Springsteen's house." We've covered that in The Great Springsteen Springfling...but what the heck?
It's hard to choose nominees, because I only follow creative bloggers! A bunch of my pals have been nominated elsewhere lately and I'm trying not to duplicate (somewhat...I'm behind on my reading! Please be patient and I'll be around soon!).
- A Beer for the Shower
- An Artful Blogger
- BB Creations
- Billions of Versions of Normal
- Empty Nest Insider
- Go Retro!
- Holli's Hoots & Hollers
- Invalid's Workshop
- Linda's Peaceful Place
- ... MICHAEL DI GESU ... ... ... In Time ...
- Shady Dell Knight's Music & Memories
- STMcC Presents BATTLE OF THE BANDS
- Three Kids & We (jump starting my friend, Beth!)
- Your Daily Dose
Grab your award from the right sidebar (right click, copy to your folder) since I couldn't leave the first one alone. You expect it from me by now.
Once again, thank you Squid and Michael! Hugs to you both.