Oh, we're almost to the end of our A-to-Z Challenge! But the geezer signs are still here, revealing themselves!
Today's homage to the Geez Life is the way we (yes, I'll admit it, I'm in the tribe) spend our weekends - or more accurately, how we don't.
Flashback to my younger days, when my cutting edge social calendar was kept on a checkbook sized paper booklet. The other day, I found one of these old calendars in a box of photos and I was amazed at how often I had plans. Here and there, I had little stars to redirect me, indicating that there was no room for a notation. As I flipped through the calendar, it made me tired just looking at it. At the time, however, I'm quite sure that any open space would have been depressing to younger me.
But, it's 2019, baby! And Hubzam and I rule the weekend. We're particularly selfish with our Saturdays, so if you can claim that you pulled me away from our regular routine on a Saturday...well, aren't you special?
Our weekends are jammed packed with excitement, like:
- Getting vertical
- Making coffee
- Talking about how I need to get dressed...some day...
- Reading the newspaper
- Discussing the newspaper
- Talking about how we need to cancel the newspaper subscription because the paper stinks
- More coffee, followed by comments about how we might be drinking too much coffee, and how we agree that we don't care - we don't have any other bad habits, after all
- Planning lunch at a restaurant ('cause we're tightwads who like the lunch prices). Okay, stop a minute. I need to confess that this takes longer than all the other items on the list.
- Going to Costco
- Talking about what a waste our Costco membership is and promising to use it better...next weekend
- Stop at the grocery store
- Standing in front of the Redbox, discussing how little interest we have in most of the movies
- Going home for some "easy" supper prep and recliner/television downtime.
- Try to keep Hubzam from watching "Jaws", "Patton", or any WWII themed movie (this is technically one of MY weekend activities).
- Watch dumb TV
- Watch even DUMBER TV after Hubzam konks out.
On Sunday, I generally do less, but there is the church wildcard and baiting the dinner table with yummies to get all the kids here at one time.
I'm not lying, folks...that list made me think, "Yay, it's almost Saturday!"
- If you look forward to what you AREN'T going to do on Saturday and Sunday with wild-eyed, unbridled glee...
- If you'd consider a genuine vacation day to be a conflict with your regular weekend plans (or lack thereof)...
YOU MIGHT BE A GEEZER.
No apologies on this one. I waited many years to get to this point and it's pretty sweet.
Check out some of the fine bloggers
participating this month's challenge by
accessing the master list on the
Blogging from A-to-Z April Challenge website.